Personal Information Handling Practices
We usually collect personal information about individuals directly from those individuals or their authorised representative.
We sometimes collect personal information from a third party or from a publicly available source, but only if:
- The individual has consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect their personal information in this way, or
- If it is necessary for a specific purpose such as the investigation of a privacy complaint.
Public awareness and education:
- When people ask to be on an email or mailing list so that we-do-IT can send them information about its activities and publications, for example: we-do-IT Client newsletter
- When we record who we have had contact with in relation to media or other public relations events
- When we conduct events or deliver training
- When you order and register software, data, or services
- Enter contests
- Or make requests that require a direct response to you
Use and disclosure
We only use personal information for the purposes for which we collected it – purposes which are directly related to one of our functions or activities.
We do not give personal information about an individual to other Government agencies, private sector organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- The individual has consented
- The individual would reasonably expect, or has been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies
- It is otherwise required or authorised by law
- It will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health
- It is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up to date and complete.
These steps include maintaining and updating personal information when we are advised by individuals that their personal information has changed, and at other times as necessary.
We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse.
When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
we-do-IT will permit you to access information about you in our database by contacting us at info@we-do-IT.com.
You can ask us to correct the personal information we hold about you.
If you are listed on one or more of our media or corporate email lists, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ option in our emails.